[lazarus] FLat IDE

Baeseman, Cliff Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com
Fri May 21 10:33:18 EDT 1999

Hi All,

  I am able to now open multiple source files on a tabsheet with dynamic
pages much as delphi does but ran into something
interesting last night.

Shane you may have run into this I do not know.  I am using
TStrings.LoadFromFile(Path) to open the file.
This does seem to work very good now BTW. When I load the strings to the
memo all of the strings just run together with
no line breaks. It's as if the TStrings.LoadFromFile is stripping all of the
control chars...

Is this normal TStrings behavior.

I am also going to port my lex scanner code to fpc this weekend. It works
rock solid and is totally generic code scanner not
to mention extrememly fast. Might make color syntax highlighting a little
more solid.

BTW, I have also placed a compiler output window at the bottom. Looks pretty
much like the delphi editor with the messages window docked at the bottom.

I also am finding that control placement will probably be one of our biggest
challenges to face. I do not think we are going to be
able to emulate x, y widget placement. It looks like we will have to
implement the specific alignment widgets and have the user pick the
elignment method to use.

Cliff

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."