[lazarus] KCL and Open for Opinion

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Fri May 21 13:12:04 EDT 1999

I got the same thing.  Can;t compile lazarus now.

Keeps crashing when it gets to stdcontrols.pp
Panic: Internal compiler error, exiting
stdcontrols.pp (159,85) Fatal: Internal error 9999

Solution: Delete the dafault false on that line, ALSO delete the default cbunchecked on the next line.

Then it compiles.
Why is this error occuring when it compiled fine with the older version of the compiler????????

Shane

>>> "Shane Miller" <SMiller1 at stvgb.org> 05/21 11:38 AM >>>
I am trying it now...please hold...  :-)

Shane

>>> Payne Thomas E CNIN <payne_t at crane.navy.mil> 05/21 11:19 AM >>>

	<clip>
> I think what is frustrating for me is working with a compiler that is
> still in development mode. I did a complete fresh checkout of ALL of CVS
> last night, built an updated compiler and that worked fine. However,
> when I try to build gtk it dies on a procedure parameter name. Just
> because another procedure uses the same name. Then stdcontrols.pp in
> lazarus dies because two properties declare "default false". All of this
> compiled before but now it dies. As I said this was a completely fresh
> checkout.
>
> I'm not faulting anything or anybody it just tends to make it
> frustrating trying to build the FCL to build and IDE when you have to
> figure out if and error is your coding or the compiler itself.
	<clip>
	The latest CVS update on my machine cured the GTK compile issues.

	Now I am having a problem compiling stdcontrols.pp.  Has anyone seen
this?

	Tom
[root at a202-073 lazarus]# ppc386 lazarus
Free Pascal Compiler version 0.99.11 [1999/05/21] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-98 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling lazarus.pp
Compiling guiapi.pp
Compiling forms.pp
Compiling controls.pp
Compiling vclglobals.pp
Assembling vclglobals
Compiling graphics.pp
Assembling graphics
controls.pp(157,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(152,28) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(166,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(161,22) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(173,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(169,22) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(180,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(176,24) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(187,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(183,22) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(194,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(190,22) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(201,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(197,25) Hint: Parameter not used WIDGET
controls.pp(402,1) Warning: Function result does not seem to be set
controls.pp(399,50) Hint: Parameter not used PARENTWINDOW
controls.pp(657,1) Note: Local variable not used TABLE
controls.pp(655,36) Hint: Parameter not used AOWNER
Assembling controls
Compiling guiapi.pp
Assembling guiapi
Compiling main.pp
Compiling compiler.pp
compiler.pp(42,4) Warning: An inherited method is hidden by
TCOMPILER.DESTROY
Assembling compiler
Compiling stdcontrols.pp
Panic : Internal compiler error, exiting.
stdcontrols.pp(159,85) Fatal: Internal error 9999
	[root at a202-073 lazarus]#