[lazarus] TList FCL Limitation Found

Cliff Baeseman vbman at pcpros.net
Sat May 22 21:20:08 EDT 1999

Guys,
  Here is a little something I found after 4 hours of battle with my lex
scanner conversion. Once I figured this out I had it running in minutes.

TList is limited to 2045 object references.  If you try to do more than
that and immediate access violation will result. I do not know how it
may affect the FCL code but is something you need to be aware of.

BTW I did manage to get the lex analyzer running very solid under fpc
but I had to introlduce a little hack. I use multiple list to store the
token object references.

Of course this will allow me to do syntax highlight, search to replace,
class browsers etc. It is major fast most large  files are tokenized in
a 1/10 of a sec under linux..

Cliff