[lazarus] KCL and Open for Opinion

Paul Gearon pag at tams.com.au
Sun May 23 22:19:56 EDT 1999

<<snip>>
> They also have a signal-and-slot mechanism (as found in Qt)
> that could be adopted
> to GTK, from what I saw. This would allow multiple slots for
> 1 signal etc.
> (i.e. multiple event handlers get triggered for the same event).

It's probably OK, but I would be a little concerned about this.  QT slots
are not guaranteed to receive their signals in any particular order, whereas
gtk signals ARE guaranteed to occur in the order in which they were
connected.  Most of the time this won't mean a thing, but every so often it
might have real consequences.

Or are my fears groundless?

Regards,
Paul

Paul Gearon
gearon at computer.org

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I
will fling an enormous rock at your head.")