[lazarus] OT: CGI for apache with free pascal

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon May 24 15:13:06 EDT 1999

Nicolas Aragon wrote:

> I couldn't track where the error raises, except that it's in the
> constructor... I think I've read here that there were some problems
> with TStringList :-??

Actually it is a combination of TStringList and AnsiString stuff that is
still causing some problems. I think what might be causing this hickup
is the GetEnv routine being called. Michael V. modified the code so that
it would be platform independent but it appears to give me some trouble.
I did a quick get around by commenting out the line

{$I ezcgi.inc}

and then adding dos to the uses line to look like.

uses classes, strings, sysutils, dos;

This was my work around for Linux and I haven't had time to check it on
other platforms or even debug it to determine what might the problem
with GetEnv. Try this work around and see if it works for you.

> It's the only "do something" stuff in the constructor, but I can't
> test it now, I'll wait to the next cvs update. Anyway, I would
> appreciate if someone can tell me if this problem isn't only mine.

I believe you are having the same problem I was having.

> BTW, what does "EZ" stands for in "TEZcgi"?

EZ - short for "easy"