[lazarus] String Addition FCL Problem

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu May 27 09:39:05 EDT 1999

Michael have you tried my source where you comment out line 337 and it crashes?

Can you use that and debug it to see if there is a problem?  Like I said, it's a really odd occurance and I hate to try to recreate it.

Shane

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> I give up this is rediculous.  I cannot do anything further until that is fixed.
>
> "And I do not give up very easy"
>
> I just cannot do any operations without strings working properly.

!!! PLEASE SEND CODE !!!

I am willing to fix stuff, but I need explicit code that shows the bug.

Saying that
S1:=S2+S3+S4;
doesn't work is not enough. I can successfully compile and run such
statements. I need to know in what circumstances the error occurs.
I need to see the code, so I can check what assembler is generated.

Important questions are
- Is it in a procedure or not ?
- Is it in a With statement or not ?
- Is it in a Class method or not ?
- Does it involve short strings or pchars as well ?
And so on.

We have a large ansistring test program which does all kinds of tests,
and these run fine. Unless I have some example code which shows what goes wrong,
I cannot do anything.

Michael.