[lazarus] mwEdit TODO

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Tue Nov 9 22:57:49 EST 1999

That is a great idea. Otherwise, we will need to redo all this again every time
they make changes. If we can get them to take our code in as part of the normal
distribution, then it will just make mwEdit that much better because it will
eventually work with FPC too.

I was just thinking about all this and realized something. FPC has a Windows
unit for Windows. All those functions already exist there. I bet we could add
{$IFNDEF LINUX} and {$IFDEF WIN32} statements to the existing {$IFDEF
MWE_FPC} statements and get mwEdit to compile and "work" in Windows as it is
now. This should be OK to do since we are going to create these functions in
Linux anyway.

I will make these changes so we can see if it will work. If not, then we can
back those changes back out. But since those functions already exist in Windows,
there is no reason for us to create them there again. We might be able to get a
Windows version of Lazarus working real soon if we can get mwEdit to compile and
work in Windows. Then it is just a matter of creating those functions in Linux
to get it working in Linux also. Since we will need these functions on any
platform we port Lazarus to, we need to be sure to write those functions in
some way that can easily be ported to other platforms.

Curtis

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~osiriz/