[lazarus] Some (major) changes

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Sun Nov 14 15:56:40 EST 1999

At 20:25 14-11-99 +0100, michael wrote:

>Apart from the TBaseClass discussion, wouldn't it be better to change
>mwedit so it doesn't use GetDC ?

This is just an axample. If you leave out all API stuf, you'll end up
creating an editor yourself.

>A TCanvas will do the same, and TCanvas can be made platform independent.
>
>I am not very fond of your solution, because it leaves too much platform
>specific stuff in your components;

There will be absolutly no platform specific stuff any component this way.
The only place is in the ???object (and their include files)

>if you want to do some portable work,
>this should be avoided, IMHO.

Here I lost you, why do I lose portability if I add say GetDC as a function.
(In fact I did and drew my first rectangles with Rectangle(DC, 1,2,3,4))

I won't say that all WINAPI stuff should be added. But for grapical things,
it can be done.

If you look in another way, what's the diference between
InterfaceObject.Sendmessage(LM_DrawRect...) and
InterfaceObject.Rectangle(...) ?

Marc