[lazarus] Organization of units

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Nov 18 11:07:06 EST 1999

I don't care who does it, as long as it gets done.  Peter, feel free.  I agree we need to rename many of the files and put the DEFINE into the makefile instead of in the interfaces.pp file (or wherever).

Peter, let me know when you could do it and we'll make sure everything is updated.
Shane

>>> Peter Vreman <pfvreman at wins.uva.nl> 11/18/99 08:39AM >>>
> > I think we should consider moving all GTK related files into their own
> > subdirectory lazarus/lcl/gtk and lazarus/lcl/win32 na dlazarus/lcl/qt
> > or make them right off of the lazarus directory.
> >
> > Thoughts?  It's way too confusing the way it is now.
>
> Yes of course. I was working on doing that but things just keep me busy
> and I haven't gotten to it. I believe I have separated all GTK specific
> stuff from most the code (last time I looked) so it should be a matter
> of making the directories moving the files and modifing the makefile to
> use the subdirectory depending on what you are building.
>
> When you move it you will want to name all the files the same name, at
> least the main .pp file. In other words each subdirectory should have
> the same set of files with the same name. That way the LCL code doesn't
> have to change you just need to indicate which subdirectory to use in
> the include in the makefile.
>
> You will probably want to make sure everyone stops development and has
> everything checked in before you make this switch. I don't have the time
> to devote right now so if you want to do it, go for it.   :-)
If nobody does it, i can do it.

note: to create the new Makefile you need fpcmake from the utils dir.

Peter