[lazarus] Lazarus hanging/crashing

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Tue Nov 23 16:24:47 EST 1999

At 14:41 23-11-99 -0600, you wrote:
>OK, something is really messed.  I know that the WINDOWPROC call in
gtkcallback used to work because I remember seeing the WRITELN('IN TCONTROL
WNDPROC').

>Also, I know that the call to ONDESTRY used to work.  It seems to be
something that changed in the compiler....is this possible?  Does anyone
know of anything that would have changed recently that would effect this?

>Marc, does the 11/11/99 version of the compiler call these procedures
correctly and does the wndproc in TCONTROL ever get called after compiling
with this version?

allright, it took some time (I used the wrong symlink :-) but here are some
results of different compilers. It looks like there is something changed in
the latest versions (only the 11/11 version is ok). As a final test I'll do
a make_really_really_really_really_clean and rebuild all to see if
something changes.

Marc

ppc386.1999.11.11:

<snip>
[TCustomForm.CreateWnd] Assign Callback Signals
IN GETFIXED
Exiting GETFIXED
[TCustomForm.CreateWnd] end;
SETTING VISIBLE = TRUE
[TgtkObject.IntSendMessage3] THELLO --> Sent LM_Message: $100E; Data: 0
[TgtkObject.IntSendMessage3] THELLO --> Show/Hide
**************--IN SHOW HIDE
VISIBLE = TRUE
IN SHOW CALLBACK
-----------------IN TCUSTOMFORM WNDPROC-------------------
LM_SHOW RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!
IN TWINCONTROL WNDPROC
-----------------IN TCONTROL WNDPROC-------------------
CALLED THE WNDPROC
**************--Exiting SHOW HIDE
[TWinControl.Show] end;
-----------------IN TCUSTOMFORM WNDPROC-------------------
IN TWINCONTROL WNDPROC
-----------------IN TCONTROL WNDPROC-------------------
marc:~/fpc/lazarus/examples$

ppc386.1999.11.19:

<snip>
[TCustomForm.CreateWnd] Assign Callback Signals
IN GETFIXED
Exiting GETFIXED
[TCustomForm.CreateWnd] end;
SETTING VISIBLE = TRUE
[TgtkObject.IntSendMessage3] THELLO --> Sent LM_Message: $100E; Data: 0
[TgtkObject.IntSendMessage3] THELLO --> Show/Hide
**************--IN SHOW HIDE
VISIBLE = TRUE
IN SHOW CALLBACK
An unhandled exception occurred at 0x00000000 :
Access violation

Segmentation fault
marc:~/fpc/lazarus/examples$

ppc386.1999.11.22: