[lazarus] Has anyone else read this!!!!

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Fri Oct 1 01:00:34 EDT 1999

Do you think that Borland may try to use some of the Java code from JBuilder to
create the IDE? If they did that, then most of the IDE work would already be
done and they would just need to figure out a way to convert the VCL. As I
understand it, most of JBuilder is already written in Java.

It would be really slow (probably), but it would be one way they could get this
thing out the door by early next year.  Why would they spend a bunch of time
porting a ton of Windows specific code over to Linux when they already have
most everything in the IDE done in Java already in JBuilder. And they have
already released their JRE for Linux that is supposed to be pretty fast.

I bet they can already almost run the JBuilder IDE under Linux now. So if they
could just make it run the Delphi compiler under Linux, then they would have it
almost done already.

Just something to consider...

Curtis