[lazarus] Cliff Status

Cliff Baeseman vbman at pcpros.net
Sun Oct 3 09:45:22 EDT 1999

I have got just a few more days doing this project I am on for work. I had
to re-write a VB client server system in Delphi. The program in VB was just
getting to ugly "Kludgy" to maintain in the long term. The boys with the
ties just tasked me two weeks ago to convert it to Delphi. I used to write a
ton of stuff in VB but this little deal has changed my mind in a big way.
The VB program was well written but the lack of True OOP just made it ugly.
The developer that wrote the last one did it in two months, I rewrote it in
two weeks. It took a whole lot less time and code due to the fact that stuff
like inheritance is supported in Delphi.

So that means that I am going to format my fast machine later this week and
put Debian,  Free Pascal and Lazarus Code Base  back on it.  I am then
immediately going on a two week write code at home holiday ;).

Summer is over here and winter is setting in. We already got a little bit of
snow here friday night.

Cliff Baeseman