[lazarus] Borland and copyright issues

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Oct 7 16:23:51 EDT 1999

Yeah, I'll get right on that.  :-)
I'm hoping to get the editor working sometime soon.  I still am haviing trouble with the error keys, but if I get this DDD working, them perhaps that'll help me find the bug.

Shane

Baeseman, Cliff wrote:

> I was asking about loadable modules thinking that maybe we should make
> the IDE very modular "accept plug in's"???

I think it would be a great idea. After all that is how the Gimp is
designed. This would then allow people to design plug-ins that could do
specific and complex manipulation of the pascal content. Things as
simple as templates, wizards to layout classes from existing classes,
etc. This means that the IDE would be able to be expanded in
functionality without requiring the user to recompile the IDE or
download a who new IDE. They would only need to install the plug-in and
then only those plug-ins that they might want to use.

I vote to look into doing it.  :-)