[lazarus] LCL Structure Discussion

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Oct 12 11:48:07 EDT 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Shane Miller wrote:

> I think we need to CONCENTRATE on the editor and finish it (get it working)
> so that we feel like we have accomplished something.....PLEASE!  :-)

I think this should be the first and only goal for the moment.

Get a working editor written with the LCL and USE it to program with.

It is the only way to do things:
1) You'll test the LCL
2) You'll test the editor.
Otherwise you'll never get a decent IDE, in my opinon.

Implementing TCanvas and bitmaps is all nice, but first and formemost
the basic components should be working. A decent editor doesn't
need anything except an edit box, a notebook to allow multiple
documents and some dialogs to do search/cut&paste etc. The coloring stuff
can be thrown in as a bonus at a later time...

Michael