[lazarus] Editor

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Sat Oct 16 17:26:49 EDT 1999

The KCL looks quite a bit different than our LCL, but I think we could probably
utilize some of the code from it.

I looked through the Kassandra code and I think we could use its editor with
just a few small changes. Most everything is self contained in the editor. The
only reference to the KCL that I could find was the TWidget class. When I
looked at that class, it looks very similar to our TCustomComponent class (it
inherits from TComponent). We could probably substitute our TCustomComponent for
TWidget and get the editor working with very few changes.

I will work on this a bit more this afternoon and see if I can get it working.
If so, I will let everyone know and if we want, I can hook it up to Lazarus
and check it in (I can just rename the current editor file to something else
and check it in just in case we want/need to go back to it).

The URL to KCL and Kassandra is http://home.pages.de/~kcl/

Curtis

On 16-Oct-99 Shane Miller wrote:
> I like the idea of using the same editor.  However, aren't our classes and
> implementation so different that it would require a lot of work?

> Shane Miller
>
> Get paid to surf the net!
> http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DEX-870
>
> Home page : http://www.lakefield.net/~smiller