[lazarus] Editor

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Mon Oct 18 18:19:25 EDT 1999

Shane Miller wrote:

> Looks like we need a TScrollBox component.  We could use the gtk scrolledwindow
> I'll look into this and let you know if this can be accomplished easily.
>
> Not sure if this class would be the best one to use.

Using GTK's scrolledwindow has a small problem: I haven't found a
possibility to avoid the redrawing of the whole widget when the virtual
size changes (i.e. if the number of lines changes). This results in very
ugly flickering effects as soon as you press the enter key or insert
some lines of text from the clipboard. The next version of the SHEdit
component for KCL would be based on a new widget with KCL controllable
scroll bars.

- Sebastian