[lazarus] Editor

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Tue Oct 19 22:19:25 EDT 1999

On 19-Oct-99 Shane Miller wrote:
> Curtis, are you settting a define up for Linux in the MWEDIT code?  For
> example, if I simply try to compile I get an error on the InttoIdent call in
> mwkeycmds.pas.  I looked at the code and defined {$DEFINE MWE_COMPILER_2} so
> that it took the code instead of calling that procedure and it worked fine.
>
> Are you doing anything like that?
>
> Shane

Yes, I sure did. I setup a define called MWE_FPC. I also created one called
MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER. For things that need to be fixed later, I am putting them in
this. Then we can just define MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER and we will find all the things
that need to be fixed in order to make it work. I am doing this first because I
just want to get it to compile. Then we can work on fixing the missing pieces.
At the top of mwedit.inc, I also defined one called VER90 enclosed in and IFDEF.
This forces it to compile in Delphi 2 mode. Basically, here is what I added to
mwedit.inc:

{$DEFINE MWE_FPC}

{$IFDEF MWE_FPC}
  { Uncomment the following line when ready to find things that
    need to be fixed for Lazarus }
  //{$DEFINE MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER}

  {$DEFINE VER90}
  {$MODE OBJFPC}
{$ENDIF}

If you all want me to check in what I have so far, I can do that. But there are
several units and it still doesn't compile yet. But I am getting closer. I have
several of the units compiling now.

Should we create a directory somewhere in the lazarus path to put this editor
in so it isn't mixed in with the other lazarus code?  Then when we get it
working, we can combine it with the other code. If you all want me to do this,
let me know and I will create a directory and check it into CVS. Otherwise, I
will just keep working on it to get it to compile. It's up to you all..

Curtis