[lazarus] Need opinion

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Oct 26 10:31:26 EDT 1999

Oh, I didn't know Windows.pp existed already....

I guess the best way around this then is to create a Linux.pp file and add a

{$IFDEF LINUX}
uses blah blah, blah;
{$ELSE}
ues blah,windows,blah;
{$ENDIF}

Shane

>>> Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> 10/26/99 08:41AM >>>

But windows.pp already exists for Windows. Thus you must make a replacement file for linux only,
and it should be compatible with the existing win32 windows.pp

So any lazarus app compiles both on windows and linux, with a minimal overhead...
Although I think that on the level of lazarus (LCL) there should NEVER be a
dependence on Windows or Linux. Just GTK/Qt/win32 for the low-level gui calls
and sysutils or low-level classes for all other stuff.

Michael.