[lazarus] Compile errors ?

Peter Vreman pfvreman at wins.uva.nl
Wed Oct 27 07:15:08 EDT 1999

> > Not sure why that is......I was having trouble with it today after pulling
> > the latest from CVS, but that is caused by an error in FPC
> I think the FPC of the last days is a little bit unstable, hopefully you haven't
> thrown away the older versions :)
The bug in thread.inc is not a compiler bug! It means that the compiler
finally checks procvar assignments correct...

the bug is:

function (thead:TThread):longint  <>  function (args:pointer):longint

which was accepted by the previous compilers, but should be rejected
ofcourse. Michael H. had also the problem once with the assert() tracing,
of having an ansistring instead of shortstring which wasn't detected by
the compiler.

Peter