[lazarus] MWEDIT TODO's needed

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Thu Oct 28 00:02:11 EDT 1999

On 27-Oct-99 Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> It would be really nice, sometime in the distant future, if these issues were
> handled something like the System unit in Delphi.  When the IDE gets going,
> there is a project option that lets you specify platform, and when you select
> Windows, then the Uses Windows will use the windows.pp in the win32 rtl, and
> if you select GTK or QT or whatever, the the Uses Windows will be silently
> converted to the LCLWin.pp or whatever, all behind the scenes.

This is a good idea. This wouldn't be all that hard to do. But another way we
could do it is like Delphi does. When Delphi changed the names of some of the
files (when it went from Delphi 1 to Delphi 2), they added the concept of
having aliases. In the options, you can specify a unit name that equals another
unit name. I believe in Delphi 1 the Windows unit was called WinTypes. Then
when they changed it to Windows they made that alias system. If you look in the
project options, you will see an entry something like WinTypes=Windows. We
could do the same thing to alias lcllinux with windows (Windows=LCLLinux). So
I think either of these two ways would work.

Curtis