[lazarus] MWEDIT TODO's needed

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Oct 28 06:25:58 EDT 1999

Great

+ From: Gertjan Schouten [mailto:gertjan at escroweurope.nl]
+ Handle can point to the name of the QT object.
+ Instead of passing the name of the LCL component to the QT engine, you
+ simply cast the Handle to a string or pchar and pass that to
+ the QT engine.
+
+
+ Gertjan

To be compatible we need the handle. While waiting till I could reach CVS
(some net problems between me and uu.net) and start to do some font stuff, I
started to look after the menu, which also involves owners and parents. Then
I came to the creation point of components.
It would be nice if it is handled in a way Delphi does. This is after a call
to HandleNeeded. I started to try to get this working for menus. In this a
Handle is important. The state of Handle <> 0 determens if the GTK/QT/WIN
object is created.
As I said earlier, the Handle should only be a reference (like is it in
win32) to the GTK/QT/WIN object and has no meaning in the LCL. It only has a
meaning in the interfaces (and there only Handle should be used to retrieve
the GTK/QT/WIN object). Something like
GTK:   Handle <--> fComponent
QT:    Handle <--> PChar(Name)
Win32: Handle <--> Handle