[lazarus] CVS - Problems and SegFault if I presscurser-keys

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Oct 28 08:13:29 EDT 1999

CVS should be fixed, so tyr it again.

I am aware ogf the Seg Fault too.  It occurs because I think we are writing the TKeyPress record incorectly when we pass it on the ONKeyDown or OnKeyPress event.  I'll look at it, but I'm hoping to get evnts modified first then get the mwedit editor up and running....

Feel free to trounce around and look at the problem.  It lies in the gtkcallback that handles the keypress signal I believe.
Shane

>>> Arm Jens <JArm at Webasto.de> 10/28/99 03:00AM >>>
Hi

I have tried to get the source from the CVS and I got the following
error.
What should I do to avoid this error? The Error occured since the
components directory was added.

Script started on Wed Oct 27 18:45:11 1999

Laser:/CVSProgs/Lazarus # cvs -z3 update -dP lazarus
cvs server: Updating lazarus
cvs server: Updating lazarus/examples
cvs server: Updating lazarus/lcl
cvs server: Updating lazarus/lcl/components
cvs server: Updating lazarus/lcl/components/mwedit
cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
`/FPC/CVS/fpc/lazarus/lcl/components/mwedit': Unknown error
18446744073709485823
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/FPC/CVS/fpc/lazarus/lcl/components/mwedit'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
Laser:/CVSProgs/Lazarus #

The second thing is that if I run the lazarus programm and I press one
of the cursor-keys (the place where I press doesn't matter) I get a Seg
Fault
or an Access Violation.
This error is in all versions I have tried to compile. If this error is
in the Expamples too, I haven't tried.
To compile I use the latest shnapshots of the FreePascal Linux-Compiler,
GTK, FCL.

Jens