[lazarus] FPC Manuals for testing

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Oct 28 17:21:22 EDT 1999

Greetings,

I suppose some have been wondering what I have been up to. Well I have
been working with Michael C. building HTML version of the FPC Manuals. I
have converted the PDF versions into an HTML version using a tool I have
acquired. The HTML uses CSS and DHTML to present the content. It does it
in such as way that the HTML files appear like PDFs, act like PDFs, and
can be navigated like PDFs.

I still have some tweeking to do to the conversion of the references
manuals but I would like others to look at it and make sure they find
this usable before I put to much more effort into it. Since it uses CSS
and DHTML it does require the use of Netscape or IE.

I will also be adding my search engine to the mix so that it will have
full text search capability just like the PDF version. Here is the URL
to look at the manual. This is also something we can do to the Lazarus
documentation when we start getting more formal with it.

http://www.miraclec.com/fpcmanuals

Feedback is appreciated.   :-)