[lazarus] FComponent removed

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Thu Oct 28 17:50:57 EDT 1999

At 12:19 28-10-99 -0500, you wrote:
>FComponent has been removed and replaced with TWInControl.Handle.  There
are a few issues:

>1)  Currently I defined the property Handle with a read AND a write method
>(the write method simply writes to FHandle).  In Windows, you didn't want to
>write to FHandle because the user should never modify it.  However, in order
>to be able to assign FHAndle the component in gtkinterface.pp, you need to
>write to HANDLE because you can't access the private property (FHAndle) from
>within gtkinterface.pp

Maybe by some other method ?

>2)  HandleAllocated should be implemented and used.  If a handle is not
>implemented, then CreateComponent should be called in HandleNeeded.
>Currently, I check to see if Handle = 0.

I have the code here. I'll try this to commit tonight (If I get it compiled)

>3)  HANDLE is a TWinCotrol property, NOT a TCONTROL property so in
gtkinterface.inc I had to typecast things as a TWinControl instead of
TControl's.  Not a big deal but that's why it's different.

>I think that's it for now.
>
>I added a default HINT or TOOLTIP to each widget upon creation.  I used
gtk_object_set_data to assign it to the widget so we can pull it out of it
with a gtk_object_get_data('Tooltip');

>The Menu's aren't appearing, but that's been that way before I did the
>fcomponent thing.  Not sure what the issue is there yet.

Some GTK specific things were stripped from that. I'm working on that.

>Anyone doing anything else of interest?  I'll be working on events now I
>think.

Hmm.... the font stuff gets a bit on the background. Anyone feel desperate
to do this? otherwise I'll look at it this weekend.

Marc