[lazarus] Problem making new compiler
Michael Van Canneyt
michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Apr 7 09:14:31 EDT 2000
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Shane Miller wrote:
> Did we find a resolution for the syslinux problem? When you
> make cycle
> it crashes on the assembly instruction inside of ResetFPU.
> What are we supposed to do to get around it?
Do the following steps:
1) Comment out the code inside resetfpu
2) Make cycle, and install the compiler.
3) Reinstate resetfpu.
4) Make cycle again.
You can shorten the time this takes by replacing step 2 with a
single make of the compiler and using this newly compiled compiler
to do the make cycle of step 4. It's what I did:
1) edit ../rtl/linux/syslinux.pp
2) make clean all
3) edit ../rtl/linux/syslinux.pp
4) make cycle PP=/home/michael/fpc/compiler/ppc386
5) su -c 'make install rtlinstall'
More information about the Lazarus