[lazarus] website mistake? + cvs question

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Apr 7 18:33:45 EDT 2000

"Mike Z." wrote:

> 'If Delphi doesn't have this control already, you will need to create
> a new unit
>     ^^^^^^
> and include...'
>
> Is that accurate?

The LCL is trying to be as Delphi compatible as possible. That being the
case we try to match unit and class names whenever possible so that
existing Delphi code can be used with little change. The above sentence
means that if Delphi doesn't already have a component that performs this
function for you to pattern after then create a new unit and include
files for this new component.

> I've been out of the loop for quite a while and realised that the cvs
> server has changed.  I switched the server to cvs.freepascal.org but
> when trying to checkout or update lazarus I get:
>
> cvs server: cannot find module `lazarus' - ignored
> CVS.EXE [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules
>
> (that's under Win32, of course)
>
> I get similar errors trying to retrive anything (gtk, fcl, etc).  Any
> suggestions?

Please check the HowTo's again and checkout exactly what you are trying
to get. If you haven't checked anything out since before the cvs server
change then your CVSROOT and various information will all be wrong. You
will have to edit all of your files in the /CVS directories. A WHOLE lot
has changed since this switch so I would suggest you get rid of whatever
you have on your machine and checkout everything brand new.