[lazarus] Copmpiler dependency bug ??

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Sun Apr 9 17:02:13 EDT 2000

At 20:50 08-04-2000 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>Just another short note:
>
>Delphi recompiles units A,B and C the second time;
>--> so with FPC you win 1 compile :-)
>
>If you give Delphi the -M option (only make changed units) it recompiles
>ONLY unit a the second time, which is apparently the behaviour you expect.

This is what I expect since fpc seems to do the same (fpc has no -M  like
option)

>In any case, it is always dangerous to have circular unit dependencies,

Why ?

>And in my opinion you should re-think the unit structure in such case.
>But that is only my personal opinion.

Under certain circumstances you can't avoid it (exept if you do a complete
rewrite or if you put both units in one unit :-)

In our case, the interfaces needs to know about controls, controls in their
case  interface with the interfaces.

The VCL uses this construction as well, from controls.pas:

   implementation

   uses Consts, Forms, ActiveX;

Marc