FPCDIR Was: RE: [lazarus] New Makefiles

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Mon Apr 10 16:04:34 EDT 2000

At 18:43 10-04-2000 +0200, Marc Weustink wrote:
>+ From: Vincent Snijders [mailto:vrs at dds.nl]
>+
>+ > BTW, what's the fist line make reports. (the one with a
>+ > call to ppc386)
>+ ppc386 -Fu/usr/lib/fpc/0.99.15/units/linux -FU../units -di386
>+ gtkwinapiwindow.pp
>
>??? I thought I got more, I'll look at it when I'm at home, can't do it here
>
>+ I have no units in the usr/lib/fpc/0.99.15/units/linux directory.
>
>I didn't use them either. I expected something like
>ppc386 -Fu/usr/src/fpc/rtl/linux -FU../units -di386 gtkwinapiwindow.pp
>
>or whereever you have your sources.

I got it, from the early beginnings I still had a FPCDIR environment variable.

This brings me to the following:
   Are we going to assume that the fpc dir is always
   the parent of the lazarus dir ? So that we define
   fpcdir= in the makefiles

or
   Are we stating that one should set the FPCDIR
   environment variable.

For something foolproof I feel for the first one, for something more
flexible I feel for the second on.
Any toughts

Marc

--
Due to some security problems of my provider is my private email adress
weus at quicknet.nl temporary out of order. Any mail sent after april 8 0.00