Calling the compiler

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Mon Apr 17 09:53:38 EDT 2000

+ From: codepunk [mailto:vbman at pcpros.net]
+
+ I think we should run the compiler directly to avoid
+ confusion. I don't think people would like messing with
+ make files.  I have used the KDevelop app for
+ some time now and this is the method by which they run GCC
+ and is also the reason so many people have trouble with it.
+ I think we can get more reliability it we run it ourselves.

Same here.
Makefiles are OK if you want to build a complete project (ie Lazarus)
without IDE. I think from the IDE we should call the compiler directly.

Marc