[lazarus] Hello screenshots in GTK and QT

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Apr 17 11:41:53 EDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Shane Miller wrote:

> I quickly tried the TProcess class.
> I used the following:
>
> var
> CProcess : TProcess;
> Begin
> CProcess := TProcess.Create('ppc386 lazarus.pp',[poRunSuspended]);
> CProcess.ShowWindow := true;
> CProcess.Execute;
> end;
>
> I ended up with a few errors and it crashed Lazarus.
> Am I using it correctly or am I missing something.
> Shane

The showwindow doesn't work under Linux yet. The component was originally
written for Win32 and not all of the windows features have been ported.

Look at the testproc.pp example; the options you should use for compiling
are in that example:

Var S : TProcess;
    Buf : Array[1..BUFSIZE] of char;
    I,Count : longint;
    Line : String
begin
  S:=TProcess.Create('/path/to/ppc386 myfile.pp',[poExecuteOnCreate,poUsePipes,poNoConsole]);
  Repeat
    Count:=s.output.read(buf,BufSize);
    // Display buf in a memo, or parse it...
  until Count=0;
  writeln;
  S.Free;
end.