[lazarus] Compiler working

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Apr 17 15:48:50 EDT 2000

I created the initial code for the compiler.  To try it, do the following:

Run lazarus.
Go into Compiler Options and set your compiler path.
Select Project New.
Select Project Build.  You will have to save your project somewhere previous to building.

The problem I see is that the Compiler Messages dialog doesn't update while compiling.  The messages just don't get to it while the other process is running.  Not sure what to do about that.

Curtis, you can change the code to improve it.  Also, feel free to add all the options to the command line or to a message file and add the message file to the command line.

I think we are pretty close to being able to announce version 0.5 or something.  I need a few things fixed yet.

There are problems yet when you save.  For example if you save the project as something other that Project1 then the source should get updated.  Also, the same goes for other units.  This would be a good thing for someone to try.  It should be pretty easy.....just building a parser really......

Shane