[lazarus] Compiler working)

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Apr 18 08:18:43 EDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Curtis White wrote:

> Actually, this is a good idea.  We could have a function in the LCL that returns
> the path to the configuration directory ( getConfigPath() ). In Win32, it could
> return the path where Lazarus is installed and in Linux it could return the
> ~/.lazarus path. Then anything within Lazarus that needs the path to the
> configuration files could just ask this function and depending on where you are
> compiling the LCL it would return the proper path.
>
> Would this work?  The only problem I could see with this is how would that function
> know where the Win32 installer installed Lazarus?

2 ways:

1) Paramstr(0) returns the complete path of the lazarus binary (ALSO on linux)
   doing a extractfilepath(Paramstr(0)) then gives what you need.

2) The installer can install a registry key
   \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lazarus\1.0\bin
     appdirectory=\path\to\lazarus installation.
You can retrieve this value. This is standard functionality for install programs.

So I think this is easy :-)

Michael.