[lazarus] Win32, make and Makefiles

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Apr 25 05:39:39 EDT 2000

+ From: michael@[195.207.84.152] [mailto:michael@[195.207.84.152]]On
+ Behalf Of Michael Van Canneyt
+
+ On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Marc Weustink wrote:
+
+ > It appears that the make shipped with fpc doesn't like long
+ > filenames.
+
+ That may be the case; I have never tried it, because I
+ alsways take care NOT to use long filesnames.

It somewhat slipped in unnoticed :-)

+ Did you try the latest mingw32 make or just the cygwin one ?

I tried both the latest cygwin as mingw32.
Cygwin works fine.
Mingw32 runs a shell wherein fpc can't determin the os target, cpu etc. So
you end up with a win32 target using .ppu files (I guess that it was this
combination)

Marc