[lazarus] Win32, make and Makefiles

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Apr 25 09:11:59 EDT 2000

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Marc Weustink wrote:

> + From: michael@[195.207.84.152] [mailto:michael@[195.207.84.152]]On
> +
> + On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Marc Weustink wrote:
> + > BTW, are you able to cycle the compiler on NT4 & NTFS ?
> +
> + Every day.
>
> ??? When I try it I get:
>    L:\compiler>make cycle
>    The name specified is not recognized as an
>    internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>    >& was unexpected at this time.

1) I use a unix like shell (from the M$ unix utilities), not the
   standard command-prompt of NT.

2) There is a file 'make.cmd' in the compiler directory. This is for
   os/2, but NT also recognizes .CMD as a batch file extension. Since
   '.' is first in your path under NT, this file gets executed - with
   obvious errors. You should remove it, or type the path to the correct
   make.

Michael.