Corel will buy Borland!!

Kevin Berry kevinbe71 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 13:55:10 EST 2000

I believe that there is already a Borland Pascal
command line compiler built for Linux.  I'd speculate
that they're working on the VCL stuff at the moment,
and they already have an IDE (JBuilder Foundation,
although they will have to update it for Object Pascal
two-way tools stuff).  Since they've already talked
about a mid-year release for C++Builder and Delphi on
Linux I don't think they'd back off now (even if Corel
has bought them).  I'd bet that Delphi for Linux will
still be more popular than C++Builder for Linux.
After all, there are a number of C++ tools out there
already...  And look and Borland's Linux survey
results, more people wanted Delphi for Linux than C++
Builder.  I've also seen a survey that was posted on
the Linux.com site a while back (not Borland's survey)
where there was an almost unanimous vote count in
favour of Delphi for Linux (the next tool had a third
of the number of votes I believe).

Cheers,
Kevin.