[lazarus] Work being done

Sebastian Guenther sguenther at gmx.de
Wed Feb 16 17:25:10 EST 2000

"Alexander Mehlhorn (AHM)" wrote:

> So is there any way to find out how they handled the fonts and worked around
> the drawing problem or is the real problem something else ?

As I wrote SHEdit I can tell you that there definitely is no problem
with GTK regarding the speed...
The GTK demo for SHEdit creates 4 fonts on startup (normal, bold,
italics, bold & italics) via gdk_load_font and stores the handles. The
drawing is done with gdk_draw_text which takes the font handle as its
second argument.

I cannot say anything on mwEdit and/or Lazarus, I only know that
something must go very wrong there if the drawing speed is too low...

- Sebastian