[[lazarus] TListbox]

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Feb 23 17:03:26 EST 2000

Glib types huh?  That would explain it.

Can someone look at the implementation of ListBox.  I have but haven't figured it out.  It's not working.  For example, run lazarus and select FILE - NEW UNIT 3 times so you create 3 units.  You won't notice the units being created.

Then, select VIEW - UNITS and a dialog will appear with UNIT1 UNIT2 and UNIT3 in it.  When you select one, the name should appear in the edit box.  I do that by using the onclick of the Listbox and running through listbox.items.count checking the Selected[I] value.  If true, I write that name to the edit box.

Watch the debug code as you select one and you'll see it calls LM_GETSEL 3 times (once for each entry) passing it the index (0 first, 1 second and 2 the third time) and each time it gets a -1 as the result from the function call g_list_position. It never finds that GList in the SELECTION list.

Any ideas???

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> Where is the definition for glist or pglist?  What is it?  I can't find it in the gtk documentaion.

Because they are glib types...

> Also, where is g_list_nth and g_list_position defined?

In glib, too.

- Sebastian