[lazarus] $ifdef win32 in clipbrd unit

Vincent Snijders vrs at dds.nl
Tue Feb 29 19:15:26 EST 2000

Could the $ifdef win32 switches be removed from the clipbrd unit, please?

IMHO all OS-dependent stuff addressed from LCL should be found in LCLLinux.

So move the following section to LCLLinux:
const
  { Predefined Clipboard Formats }
  CF_TEXT = 1;
  CF_BITMAP = 2;
  CF_METAFILEPICT = 3;

And replace
uses
  Classes, SysUtils {$IFDEF Win32} , Windows {$ENDIF};
with
uses
  Classes, SysUtils, LCLLinux;

These TODO's should be handled in LCLLinux, in which a API for clipboard support
must be added in the interface object.
  // TODO: use the Windows clipboard when compiling under Windows
  // TODO: use the Linux clipboard (??gpm??) when compiling under Linux
  // TODO: use OS's clipboard if available

If you don't agree, please tell me how I can compile lazarus on win32.

TIA,
Vincent Snijders