[lazarus] TNotebook

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jan 6 05:17:48 EST 2000

+ -----Original Message-----
+ From: Stefan Hille [mailto:stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org]
+
+ On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 01:50:58PM -0800, Kevin Berry wrote:
+ > Isn't it so that it is complies with Delphi's way of
+ > doing things??  I know that with the VCL under Delphi
+ > you have to do the same thing.  I'm sure there's a
+ > good reason for it...
+ >
+ You're right, just looked at the delphi-docs. But in fact I've already
+ created components in Delphi without setting the parent property.
+ Strange...

Some components don't require a parent, lately I ran into one and fixed this
in Lazarus, however I can't remember which one. As a general rule you can
say that every GUI component has to have a parent (except forms).
Most of the time if you are creating components in Delphi you use the IDE to
place them on a form. The parent is then set by the IDE (so you dont have to
set it yourself).

Marc