[lazarus] SetCursor

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Jan 12 10:13:04 EST 2000

If I set the cursor for the FIXED widget, then all controls on that widget are effected.  If I simply try to change the cursor for the widget, it should only affect that widget.

Shane
Get paid to surf the net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DEX-870 and
please use my membership ID (DEX-870) when asked if you
were referred by someone.

At 14:52 11-01-2000 -0600, Shane wrote:
>While working on ShowCaret I decided to do SetCursor because
>I stumbled upon the code.  :-)
>
>I started it.  It's not perfect yet (what is?) and there is an
>issue.  It seems like each pgtkwidget has a pgdkwindow.   If
>it doesn't have a pgdkwindow then widget^.window points to
>it's Parent's pgdkWindow.  So, when I set the cursor (say for
>mwedit) it actaully set's it's parent's cursor.  If it's parent
>is a form and the form has buttons on it, it seems to change
>the cursor for the buttons too.

Hmm... don't focus to much on mwEdit. The underlying control is under heavy
construstion and it's behaviour may change with the day.
BTW, did you set the cursor on the "mainwidget".window or on the
fixed.window. The latter seems for me the widget to use (if present).

Marc