[lazarus] Problems Solved thanks

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 01:25:48 EST 2000

Ok after the three msgs of help I tracked it down
to an old symlink
in /usr/bin (not the /usr/local/bin as normal).
Anyway a few rm's
and a bit of reorg with symlinks all is working
fine now.

To Michal, I am using the makefile and have renamed
the /etc/ppc386.cfg
so as not to have confilcts.

I managed to put together a gtk demo program
of GtkSpinButton. I have
figured what is happeneing about the signals and
message passing.

Though I am not too enamoured with the setting of
all properties in one hit
via the message system. This could cause lots of
flashing as users
sequentially set properties in some of the more
property laden components.
Maybe we need a property in one of the parent
classes to disable the posting
of the messages while programmatic updates to the
controls are being made.

Having suffered from controls that auto refresh
after each property change, I
for one cannot live with the flashing this causes.
While I see this could cause
problems with Delphi coompatibilty, the flashing
and efficiency savings could
outwiegh this, especially if the property
assignments require the creation and or
destruction of object properties. Just imagine
trying to re-intialise a visible grid
control with the plethora of properties this type
of control has, and it trying to
refresh itself after each property
change.

Anyway I will have a go at implementing the
TSpinButton component, and see
how it goes.

Peter.