[lazarus] Lazarus on windows 98 runs

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jan 28 04:32:28 EST 2000

From: dvortex <dvortex at fmel.grolier.fr>

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Shane Miller wrote:
> Lazarus is supposed to run under win32.  I'm not sure why the win32
> dll's don't export those functions. Perhaps the dll's that you have
> aren't the latest.  I don't know about that.  Currently I and most of
> the other developers are concentrating on LINUX so I rarely if ever
> test it under win32.
>
> LCLLinux:  I'm not sure about using LCLLinux under Win32.  Sure, it
> seems like it could be done, but it's intent (and the reason we named
> it what we did) was that it would be used only under Linux.  Maybe
> we'll have to revisit that and take a look at what the
> intent/possibilities are and rename it.
>
> Thanks for the input. Shane

>> I have been able to make a running lazarus executable for windows 98.
>>
>> The main obstacle to overcome was, that de gtk dlls for win32 don't
>> export less procedure and functions than the unix libs. I temporarily
>> commented out calls these missing functions: gdk_pixmap_unref
>> gdk_draw_pixmap gdk_bitmap_unref

I don't want to step in at the wrong time, but it looks pretty obvious
to me that the name should be more something like LCLGTK (gtk-linux and
gtk-win32) than LCLLinux.

My understanding of the problem was that there would be a LCLwin32 based
purely on WinAPI (no GTK whatsoever).

am I confused ?
(it is early ;p )