[lazarus] gtk-dlls don't match source in cvs

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at zonnet.nl
Sun Jan 30 19:03:04 EST 2000

> >What is fixed in the 0.99.14 release?
> >Has the scribble-simple example stopped using gdk_draw_pixmap?
> >Or
> >Is gdk_draw_pixmap back in release 0.99.14?
> No, that's the problem for the gtk-win32 guys. I only update the pascal
> bindings (which is nothing some declarations of procedures) to run, so if
> the gdk_draw_pixmap must be turned off for win32, then I turn it off. If i
> don't do that the programs won't run at all.
>

> Peter
Who are the gtk-win32 guys?

I have been looking further into this problem. The reason that
gdk_draw_pixmap (and others) is missing in the gdk-1.3.dll is that is has
been replace by (renamed to)  gdk_draw_drawable.  I adjusted the declaration
in gdkmain.pp so that the declared procedure doesn't try import
gdk_draw_pixmap but gdk_draw_drawable. The new declaration is then:

procedure gdk_draw_pixmap( ... );cdecl;external gdkdll name
'gdk_draw_drawable';

Which functions have been replaced can be seen in the gdkcompat.h file,
which is in gtk+-dev-19990828.zip.

The examples seem to run fine and so does lazarus, so I think this a way
out. An other possibility would be to rebuild the dll's so that they export
the gtk 1.2 functions.

Your feedback, please, on how to go on.