[lazarus] must be missing a file or something....

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Mon Jul 10 04:59:20 EDT 2000

+ From: mooseman [mailto:mooseman at uniserve.com]
+
+ hi all,
+ at long last i got laz to compile without a hitch.
+ however, when i run the resulting exe, before the ide even
+ shows up, i get two message boxes.
+ the first says "The lazarus.exe file is linked to missing export
+ GDK-1.3.DLL:gdk_cursor_unref"

Do you have the latest version of fpc and the gdk dll ?

+ i have the gdk-1.3.dll in my windows dir, my windows system
+ dir and the laz dir, just to certain without a doubt it should be found.

Remove two of them. This is confusing. The windows loading path searches
first the startup dir, then your win then win/system dir. (this list is not
complete, there are 7-8 steps)

+ i started with the win dir, and added the other two later.

Windows already was able to load the dll. It only couldn't a function within
the dll.

+ the second message box says
+ " a device attached to the system is not functioning"

????

+ clicking ok then simply closes laz.exe this is on a win95 box.
+ fpc 991214
+
+ recent laz snapshot from cvs (in the last two days)
+
+ is it possible this is a file naming thing. DOS filenames not
+ allowing the mid filename periouds etc.?

No, the dll is loaded.

+ or is this related to the other gtkobject issue that was
+ raised a few days back?
+
+ ideas? comments?
+ thanks, moose.