[lazarus] Picture of Kylix

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jun 7 11:34:59 EDT 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Jon Cochran wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> > > Seems to have Speedbutton problems like Lazarus ;)?
> >
> > What is more, by the looks of it, they use libwine for the IDE.
> >

> They've stated publically and many times over that wine is not used.

For the VCL, yes. I agree there.

But I was told that they saw it as an option for the IDE itself.
(which is heavily Win32 based)

if they used NATIVE components, the IDE would look VERY different,
with the typical Qt look (it IS different from the windows look);
since it doesn't have this look, I assume they use the Win API
for the IDE.

(an ldd would confirm/deny this but then I'd need a binary :()

Michael.