[lazarus] New to Lazarus...

Vincent Snijders vrs at dds.nl
Sun Jun 18 05:51:04 EDT 2000

Hi!

----- Original Message -----
From: Chespi <enterprise_e at email.com>

> Hello everybody! I am new to this list and I would like to contribute
> to the project, but first I guess I need some help setting up Lazarus
> for Window$ 98 SE...
>
> I did everything as the HowTo said (I think), but when I run
>
>    make -n >junk.bat

It is not necessary aymore to use a bat file to compile lazarus. Instead of
the line above, just type make in the lazarus directory (after having
compiled the rtl and the gtk package).

> I get this errors:

<cut some lines>

> Help!!! :)
>
> BTW, I tried to compile the lazarus examples anyway and apparently
> they compiled ok, but when I run them I get an exclamation box
> saying something like:
>
>    Error starting program
>
>         The file HELLO.EXE is linked to an export
>     !   GTK-1.3.DLL:gtk_paned_set_gutter_size that
>         doesn't exist.
>
> I checked, and it's true. The symbol gtk_paned_set_gutter_size is
> not in the exports table of the DLL.
This gtk-function is obsolete and shouldn't be used anymore.

I guess somebody has to rewrite this example...

I hope this helps,

Vincent