[lazarus] mwEdit suite version.92a

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 14:34:00 EST 2000

Ok I can report a small amount of success in getting this
version working. The load time for the source file is a
fraction of a second :),  as it now only draws what it
needs to display.

My question is at what stage would you all accept a
new code base for the editor. The code works quite
differently from the version in CVS at the moment and
there is a whole raft of new APIs to get working to get
this working correctly. Mainly stuff to do with InvalidateRect
and getting the invalid region to paint from the window
manager. gtk seems to have the mechanisms there to be
able to get this functionallity, I am assuming that
gtk_widget_queue_draw_area does something along
these lines but have not looked at gtk too deeply yet.

The major problem I have is a segfault in the hightlighter
code where the highlighter uses a jumptable to its own
methods, this seems to work fine in the current code base
but I can't work out why the dammed thing apparently loses
it reference to itself and ends up with a null pointer to its
own instance.

Anyway the features of this are quite good, cached resources
fonts, bitmaps etc and lots of pluggable highlighters, working
down the list in no specific order,
HP48 assembler
68HC11 assembler
CA-Clipper
C++ syntax
Java syntax
Perl syntax
DOS batch
DFM syntax
Standard ML syntax
AWK highlighter
HTML highlighter
INI files
Kix script files
VBScript highlighter
Galaxy PBEM
Baan 4GL
Cascading stylesheets
GEMBASE highlighter
Fortran
Foxpro
HTML exporter
ObjectPascal
x86 assembly syntax
Python
Visual Basic
TCL/TK syntax
ADSP21xx assembler
PHP highlighter
SQL highlighter
Sybase SQL

+ code completion drop down component and helper
+export to rtf and HTML

Peter