[lazarus] designer.inc file error

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Mar 21 18:48:07 EST 2000

Marc Weustink wrote:

> I guess accessing protected or private members of classes defined in
> the same unit is stil valid, but not if they are originally defined in
> another unit ???

As defined in our wonderful FPC documentation.   ;-)

Private  - All fields and methods that are in a private block, can only
           be accessed in the module (i.e. unit) that contains the class
           definition. They can be accessed from inside the classes’
           methods or from outside them (e.g. from other classes’
           methods)

Protected  - Is the same as Private, except that the members of a
             Protected section are also accessible to descendent types,
             even if they are implemented in other modules.

Public  - sections are always accessible.

Published  - Is the same as a Public section, but the compiler generates
             also type information that is needed for automatic
             streaming of these classes. Fields defined in a published
             section must be of class type. Array peroperties cannot be
             in a published section.