[lazarus] designer.inc file error (Peter Vreman please read)

Florian Klaempfl Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Wed Mar 22 07:02:46 EST 2000

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Yes, this is how it is implemented now, but if you look at he docs another
> interpertation is possible. It says:
> 1) protected is the same as private (with a more visible scope)
>
> 2) private members can only be accessed in the module (i.e. unit)
>    that contains the class definition.
>    They can be accessed from inside the classes' methods or from
>    outside them (e.g. from other classes' methods)
>
> So 2) also counts for protected. I read this as
>
> 3) protected members can only be accessed in the module (i.e. unit)
>    that contains the class definition or the module (i.e. unit)
>    containig the descendent definition.
>    They can be accessed from inside the classes' methods or from
>    outside them (e.g. from other classes' methods)

This interpretation is correct and seems to be compatible with Delphi

The behavior of protected was fixed the last days, so maybe it still
doesn't work 100%.

Peter, can you have please a look a it, because you stated
in the sources:
{ check protected and private members        }
{ please leave this code as it is,           }
{ it has now the same behaviaor as TP/Delphi }