[lazarus] Hmm. things broken

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 17:50:51 EST 2000

I just got my linux development box back up after
a memory failure. With some tepidation I got a new
full download as it has been well over a week since I
was last able to do any work.

Thankfully I was able to cylce the new compiler
and get everything to compile, but the editor now
now segvs on display, by the looks of it on code
that was working the last time I was able to compile.

It seems to be an ansistring problem, looking at the
editor code it does seem to be a screwy way they
are using this string that causes the seg fault but it
was working before.

A couple of hours trying to get some debug into
the rtl did not throw any light and xxgdb and ddd
did not help much either. (ddd is a slow as an old
boot in comparison to xxgdb)

Anyone any ideas on what has changed as far as
ansi strings recently?

Peter